CASA DEL MERLOORDER
Euganean Hills Controlled Designation of Origin
This wine is the result of our commitment to give Merlot, once the most cultivated red-grape wine variety, the position it deserves, thanks to its versatility and adaptability to the terroir. Unfortunately, its main features have been properly seized just in a few occasions. Il Filò became home to Merlot at the beginning of the XXI century. It has been considered just a blended variety until the plant has lost some of his young impetuousness. The 2012 harvest we offer is the result of a pretty warm year, but thanks to the perfect vegetal-productive balance, the grapes were harvested at perfect conditions.
- WineEuganean Hills Controlled Designation of Origin Merlot
- Vine Variety100%Merlot
- VineyardPlanted in 2000
- GroundVolcanic, calcareous, marnous origin
Exposure130-150 m.a.s.l. south-west
- Density5000 vines Ha.
(per hectare)35 Hl
- Production3.000 bottles
- VinificationThe traditional vinification takes place through maceration for 12 days, the wine is then removed and placed in barriques (40% new and 60% already used once). Malolactic fermentation takes place in the barriques.
- Maturation and FiningAfter 12 months, it is transferred in steel tanks where it is left for another year before being bottled. No clarifying nor filtering are realised. It is additionally fined, once bottled, for 12 months.
- ColourIt has a deep, impenetrable and grim red.
- FragranceComplex aroma of matured red fruit, rich in spices and balsamic nuances. It is neither impetuous nor alcoholic.
- TasteIt releases with great elegance and after quite a waiting. It does not blossom immediately; it gradually offers new and complex feelings. It is surprising for its balance and as it can be drunk as a simple, but not ordinary, wine variety.
- Casa del Merlo 2013 Vino Slow-Guida Slow Wine
CASA DEL MERLO
Colli Euganei Doc Merlot 2016
Rosso Veneto IGT 2018
BORGO DELLE CASETTE
Colli Euganei Doc Cabernet Riserva 2015
CECILIA DI BAONE
Colli Euganei Doc Cabernet Riserva 2016
IO DI BAONE
Rosso Veneto IGT 2013
CALTO DELLE FATE
Bianco Veneto IGT 2017
TERRALBA DI BAONE
Bianco Veneto IGT 2018
Colli Euganei Docg Fior d’Arancio 2018
LUNA DEL PARCO
Colli Euganei Docg Fior d’Arancio 2016